Wednesday, March 20, 2013

C25K Week 7 Day 2

I didn't count the race as Day 2 of week 7. I wasn't sure that I ran for 26 minutes straight like my plan said. I did it last night. It went great. I was ready for a less than difficult training day. The race was difficult. Week 7 day 1 was difficult. W7D2 really wasn't too bad. The first ten minutes seem to usually be the hardest. By the time I got to 20, I was thinking this isn't too bad, I think I'll be able to make 26. By 22 minutes I really felt good. When I finished the 26 minute run, I felt that great euphoric feeling. Maybe part of it is the sense of accomplishment, I don't know. All I know is it is a good feeling. My plan is to run tomorrow evening after work. It will be for 27 minutes. From here on out I'll be adding a minute until I graduate at 30 minutes.

 

I can't believe I have made it this far.

I've learned so much too. There is a great YouTube video called "Running on Air" by Budd Coates. I focused on this method of breathing last night. I don't know if that is why it seemed easier or what. His method of breathing with your steps and being sure you alternate sides for breathing in, is supposed to help avoid injuries. Not sure how exactly, but I am willing to try most anything if it will keep me healthy while I am on this running adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment