Saturday, March 2, 2013

C25K week 5 day 1

Cold. Snowy. Cloudy. Determined. Deserted. I chose the track today, thought it might be less windy than the walking trail along the lake.
I did it.  Week 5 day 1 = 5 minute warm up walk, run 5, walk 2, run 4, walk 2, run 5, walk 2, run 4, walk 5 to cool down.  My hips are just a tad sore, but I will rest tomorrow and maybe even Monday.  I am ahead of the schedule a bit, because in the first three weeks I paid more attention to the weather and ended up doing a few here and there on consecutive days.  It is pushing me a bit more now, so I doubt I will do that from this point on.

...I'm still loving this......

There is a sense of accomplishment after each run that I can't describe.  I know I would stop long before if I didn't have the prompts on the app to keep me pushing.  It is truly amazing how my old body has adapted.  Some days are harder than others but for the most part, each session I find that I can do more and it really isn't any more difficult than the last time when I did less.

I look forward to when I can say that I am a runner.

I need to register for the March 16th, Run for Dunn, a local school (Michael Dunn Foundation) for those with special needs.  Should I wait to do a 5k when I finish the program or just go for it?  I should be finishing up week six by then if I don't feel the need for any do-overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment