Thursday, March 14, 2013

C25K Week 7 Day 1

Not sure why, but tonight's 20 minute run was more difficult than the last time I did it. I felt like I was going slower. I just never got into that rhythm when it seemed easier or that endorphin rush. After I ran for 20 minutes I had a three minute walk. I did recover pretty quick so when it was time to do the last five minute run, I thought it would be easier....Not! All I can say is I completed it, which is an accomplishment. I felt like I was really slow but my running time,was,12:18. Last time it was 12:40. I don't get that.

I did 2.94 miles in 38 minutes, which included the warm up five walk, the three minute rest walk, and the cool down walk five. So my goal for my first 5k on Saturday is to finish it in less than 38 minutes. That should allow me a few minutes of walking when I get tired. I am using the race day as my W7D2 training day. I am supposed to run straight for 26 minutes. We will see. After tonight I just hope I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment