Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Skirt Sport Love

Received my Skirt Sport order today. Yippee! I already believe I will run faster in these cute skirts! I grabbed them when they were greatly reduced last week. The grey one below is the Heartbreaker skirt.

This one is the 261 Courage Capri skirt.

And this one.... I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I do!! It is the Boulder skirt.

Also I had a good running experience today. I've been trying to follow Jeff Galloway's run/walk/run method for at least a year now. I know we shouldn't compare ourselves to others, but....I'm slow. I mean, I know "my race, my pace," and all that, and I'm old (56yo) compared to most of the other runners I know. But still, I feel so slow. I love to run, no matter how slow, but I would so like to be a bit faster.

Today I tried to do a couple of 800 meter runs just to see how fast I could do them. According to Galloway, in order to run a 2:20 half marathon at the end of his training period, I should be running the 800 meters in 5:10. I had no hopes of being able to do a half in 2:20 but thought maybe I could do one in 2:30 (The two I've done were 2:43, 2:45) , so I estimated my 800m runs at a goal of 5:25. I did two of them in 4:58! So maybe, just maybe, I can get faster.

Maybe all that did for me was give me some confidence. The fastest I've ever done a 5k is 32:33 and that was over a year ago. For the 800 meters I ran fast, for me that is, even though I couldn't sustain it for long, then I'd take a short walk break, and repeat it multiple times.

Maybe, just maybe, one day I'll be able to do a sub 30 minute 5k.....I can dream can't I?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment