Sunday, October 5, 2014

Moonlight for Sight 5K

Even after catching a cold and feeling pretty rough last night, I still ran the Lion's Club local 5k. I knew it would be a small race and since I'd already registered, I went on. If I have a cold, running always makes me feel better. It was a night race, starting at 9 pm.

Yes, I was the only one in my age group. In fact I was the oldest woman participant.

It is still nice to get a medal.

But, I have to admit I feel even worse today. Coughed a lot last night and am so congested. I am diffusing Thieves (essential oil blend), putting lemon, lavender, and pppermint under my nose, my feet, and my chest. I always tell myself a cold lasts 7-10 days, no need for an antibiotic. Treat the symptoms with lots of natural remedies and maybe some mucinex. I'm sure I'll get over it in a few days.

In the meantime I am thankful that it is only a cold and thankful that I have a nice warm home in which to rest. There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment