Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Anyone done the MAF training?

I've been reading more on various training methods. Jeff Galloway is good, I like his run/walk intervals, but I did some research again on the MAF training, Maximum Aerobic Function. Has anyone out there tried it?

Subtract your age from 180 and basically that is your maximum heart rate for all your training runs. I tried it once and I couldn't do but about one five minute stint of running and I had to walk. Too slow for me, but since I am not doing any half marathons for the fall, I'm thinking of really giving it a try again. When I ran in the house last night, which forces me to go slow, my heart rate stayed pretty much below my max of 125 and I was able to run....well, as much as you can run in your house.

So.....I think I am going to give it a go again for all my winter runs, except the rare 5k. I know I'll do one more this year, maybe two.

I would love to talk to someone who tried it for a few months and hear what their conclusions were.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment