Saturday, May 31, 2014

Voice of the Children 5K

A couple of work buddies and I ran the Voice of the Children 5K in Rockwood this morning. It was a small first time 5K to support an orphanage in Haiti. The young man who put it together is the son of my favorite dental hygienist. They only expected about 50-75 runners but ended up with 125 participants.

My friend, in green, and I took first in our age groups. She is awesome. She just started with the couch to 5k last year around this time, and at 62 years old, runs a 30 minute 5K. I did ok at 34:58, just a few seconds better than the one two weeks ago. My goal is to run one in 30 minutes, but not sure if I'll ever get there. It was fun and for a good cause but the heat and humidity were awful! Not sure I'll do anymore until fall and cooler weather. The knee did great, no pain at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment