Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ahhhmazing device!

SUCCESS! I was researching last night about runner's knee, and I found where a knee strap often eliminates the pain by transferring the stress away from the tendon. I was so excited. Went by Walmart and purchased the Ace brand (cheap at $11.88).

For the last week I've not been able to do much running at all, and what I did seemed to make it worse. Tonight, I decided to run inside on my hardwood floors to see how it would go, and besides that it was 86 blazing degrees outside! I still felt a twinge when I started but that soon pretty much went away. I took it very slow, about a 13:00 min/mile pace...I went for thirty minutes and it felt great. I felt like I could go on for another 30, but I didn't want to push it.

The amazing thing was my heart rate stayed right at my MAF of 125 bpm. Even running inside that slow it has always been closer to 140 bpm. What's up with that? I wanted to try the MAF training to try to eventually get faster. Maybe I can.

I don't know if any of you other runners are this way, but because I love running so much, I drink more to hydrate, I eat more protein to repair, and I just feel so much better about life. I was beginning to get really discouraged with the knee preventing me from doing much. So tonight, I am one happy camper!!!

Have any of you used the knee strap before?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment