Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Run/walk intervals

Tried something new this evening. I did a run/walk interval workout. I read about it at www.jeffgalloway.com. It is supposed to be better than straight running for older runners who are trying to prevent injuries. I did 10 sets of 3/1 (3 minutes running/1 minute walking). Not a shabby workout. Did 3.19 miles with an average pace of 12:16 min/mi. Not fast by any stretch of the imagination but I've decided at my age, fast is not the objective. Injury free is the objective, and to be able to maintain a consistent running program for my health. I may do this at least for a few weeks until I am sure my hip is completely well. Then we will see.....tonight I actually made up a 10k training schedule for myself. Thinking about doing one in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment