Monday, January 4, 2016

Cold Weather Running

Don't you just love running in this weather?  I don't like being out in it, in regular clothes, but I love running when it is 40 degrees and below.  Not sure how far below though, but a feels like of 28 is about perfect to me.
Northface compression tights with a Skirt Sports winter skirt of them, Skirt Sports zip top under a zip sweat shirt jacket, canvas ball cap, ear muffs, gloves, and wool socks -- perfect attire!

I don't think Skirt sells this particular skirt any more but it is great.  I believe it was called the Sweet Skirt.  It is a thicker fabric with a kind of flannel like front and back panel, and has a pretty good sized pocket on the back. It doesn't have compression shorts underneath so it is perfect to go straight over leggings when you want a little modesty or warmth.

These are the best running days. So glad I was off work today to enjoy it, even with a few snow flurries.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect weather!!! Anything in the 20s is awesome! I am envious you have no snow! I either have to wear my screw shoes or slip and slide over the rough patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how well I'd do in snow. I have never even heard of screw shoes!

      Delete
  2. Running shoes with hex screws on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete