Monday, November 6, 2017

Still Running

Oh wow, I haven't posted in such a long time!  I am still running.  I've had my own training schedule to prepare me for two fall half marathons.  I went up to 13 miles in my training.  That run went pretty well. 
The first half came, and I was very sick with a head cold, and it was 100% rain and 51 degrees.  I wimped out.  A couple of days later I went out for a long run, 12 miles, and my knees were really hurting around mile 10.  What is up with that?  They never hurt!  Then two weeks later, I felt like I needed another longish run, so off I go to try to get in 10 miles.  It was about 65 degrees and 100% humidity.  It seems like it went ok, except I know I got pretty dehydrated.

Two days later, my knees are waking me up in the night with pain.  Seriously?  I know I need new shoes.  Mine seem to wear down after about 400 miles, and I can always tell.  I did my 10 miles in some new Brook Adrenalines, but did not like them.  Too stiff, heavy, and felt too short.  Returned them and ordered some Ghost 10s, which should be here about a week before my next half.  Love that if you order from the Brooks site you can run in them for 3 months and still return if you are not happy.

A question for you other late life runners.....have you ever gotten so dehydrated that your heart rate went really low?  My heart rate is normally about 140 something for an average in my runs, but can get up to 200 on a strenuous run and I feel fine, winded but fine.  I noticed yesterday I just didn't feel well for most of the day.  Didn't think to look at my Garmin until later and noticed my heart rate had gotten down to 34-44 for a bit.  My normal resting heart rate is about 56-60.  Maybe my watch was loose?  Maybe it was because I so dehydrated?  Maybe I am just getting REALLY healthy!  Ha. Today I feel fine and it is running between 51-65 or so.  Sometimes I wonder how accurate the Garmin wrist heart rate really is.  Comments?


No comments:

Post a Comment