Saturday, September 13, 2014

Strength training

The Jeff Galloway half marathon training method I am using has the long run increasing every other week. The alternate weeks back up a few miles. This week I only had three miles on the plan (week 6). I did my three inside. Easy peasy.

I decided to try to do some strength training. Remember I am 55 and only been running for a year and a half. In other words I am not a very fit athlete. I found this plank challenge I am trying. Honestly, I don't know if I will make it even to two minutes, but I am going to give it a try. I'm on day 8.

This week I also did a few walking lunges. 20. My rear end has been sore for three days! I guess that means I need to do them more often. I think I'll try side lunges and just try to work up slowly. The goal is to be strong enough that I won't hurt my knees, hips, ankles, etc. while I am working towards the half marathon. We'll see how this goes....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment