Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cross training

Enjoying my staycation this week. Took to the water again to paddleboard.

This time I rented one from a new local outdoor store. I got to see what it was like loading it in the truck. They give you a pad and straps that are easy to put on and hold it very secure.

This was an 11' board, but it was really wide and heavy. I think it weighed more than 30 pounds.

I really prefer the boards the guy has down at the park. I did paddle all the way to the bridge and back in only an hour and a half with a stop to rest a bit. This board didn't seem to glide as smooth or fast as the other one I've used. It definitely was a workout and I was paddling against the wind just about all the way to the bridge. It was probably only a mile to a mile and a half, and took me 35 minutes to get there. Too bad, I don't have a waterproof phone. There were some great photo ops.

Since I was by myself I wore my life jacket the whole time and stayed fairly close to the shoreline. It was an adventure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment