Thursday, April 20, 2017

Virtual Half Marathon

Have you ever done a virtual race?  Since I was trained up for the Covenant half I decided to do a virtual half marathon last Friday.  I chose the Run at the Mill Half organized by the Run for God organization.  I love long runs. I slowed down and ran it more like a long training run than a race, but still, it is a HALF marathon!


It was Good Friday and the track was full of soccer kids and parents, so I had to run the lakeside trail four times. I loved hearing the Methodist church bells playing "Because He Lives" as I ran by it.


The weather was nice, the pace was easy, it was another great long run day.


And I rewarded myself with ice cream when I finished!

Yay for my 7th Half Marathon!  The shirt and medal are on their way!

1 comment:

  1. I finally picked a half for the fall, and it's the same day as a relay I'm in. But...the half I want to do also offers a virtual half! I'm hoping you don't have to do it the same day as the actual race, though, or I'll be picking another.

    ReplyDelete