Saturday, November 19, 2016

Fifth Half Marathon

I finished my 5th HM today. I survived.  I wanted so bad to beat by best time....and I did!! Not by much though.  I finished at 2:36:30 and placed 10 of 16 in my age group and 420 out of 533 total half participants. At almost 58 years old, I am happy with that.  I am really proud of my brother.  He walked his first 5k after losing 77 pounds since spring.






Love all those calories burned.  My heart rate stayed in the max category the whole time, guess that is why I burned so many.  Going to have to go back the heart rate training and see if I can get that rate down.  I think my average was 177, but it got up a little over 200.  I never felt faint or felt like I was going to throw up, so I don't think it is anything to worry about.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! (And to your brother, too.) I ran zero HMs this year! I did relays instead. But now I'm itching to do another. Never thought I'd say that. I'm aiming for next spring. Although....13 miles suddenly seems like a long way again! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete