Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pre-race jitters for first half marathon

I am so nervous.....about getting there in time to find the group from work, finding the correct corral to start in, all the traffic, a parking spot for hubby, about having stomach distress, being able to do it in my goal time......I am asking myself, why did I sign up for this???

I know I will be glad I did it when it is over, but now.....I'm a nervous wreck. I hope I can sleep tonight. I hope I am hydrated enough. I've decided what to wear. It is going to be in the 30's and 40's probably during the whole race.

A I am going to wear my cold weather tights, short sleeve race shirt and a jacket. I like the jacket because I can zip up my phone and energy chews in the pockets.

The first goal....finish upright.....then maybe finish in three hours. Would love to finish in 2:45 or less, but I don't know if I can....

I am thankful that I can do this...that I have legs that can run. I will listen to Mandisa's praise and worship songs throughout and be thankful....and run for those who can't.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment