Saturday, December 23, 2017

Ninth Half

I did a new half marathon this year.  Why not since I was already "trained up."  And I did it within 4 seconds of my best overall time, 2:36:34.  I know, not by any means fast, but I'm old and have only been doing this a few years, so I was very pleased with my time.
I was the Rockin' Santa half in Knoxville.  Oops, I've got the medal turned around.....I tried to do some of Jeff Galloway's, short turnovers which seemed to help me be a bit faster.  This year I"ve run more than ever, since I started almost 5 years ago.  I've put in over 600 miles!  My goal was 500.  I'm not going to try to increase it next year, but hope to do at least 500 in 2018. I just want to do enough to stay healthy, and it is so good for my mind/mood.  I took the week off running this week and by yesterday I was itching to run.  Went to the track for 3 miles, and it was wonderful.....for mind and body.

Hope all of you out there have a wonderful......
(my first attempt at calligraphy, on a ziplock bag)

No comments:

Post a Comment