Sunday, February 19, 2017

Running while traveling

I've been continuing my running and was even up to 9 miles before I left on my trip to see my grands.   I do enjoy finding places to run when I travel.  I've been in Cambridge, England for the last ten days.  My son is doing a part time job here at the University until the end of February.  After that, they will move back to Edinburgh, Scotland where he attends the University there.
 I was able to get in four miles on Wednesday and five on Saturday.  It is fun to run in new places.
 These are a few sights I saw on my runs.

But, of course the main reason why I am here is........
 these two cuties....
Emma and I had such fun playing in the garden, riding scooters, and swinging in the swing...well, me pushing her on the swing is more accurate.  I kept the kids one day so my son could take his wife on a day trip to London.
Then all of us did a day trip to London a couple days later.
I love the kids so much, but really do not enjoy traveling.  I am too much of a homebody.  Am anxious to get back to my own home, my running trails, and my sewing. I am hoping to do a half marathon this spring. I mean, I was up to 9 miles already, hate to waste it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous place to run....while the grandkids are sleeping, of course :-) Now you can gear up for your spring half!

    ReplyDelete